Saturday, March 6, 2010

Homemade Pizza


I think everyone probably has a favorite pizza crust recipe, but I thought I'd share ours. Josh and I came up with this recipe when we first got married because we wanted a whole wheat crust. It turned out really good and we've been using it ever since! Our kids LOVE it too. If you have one, I totally recommend using a pizza stone. We use ours all the time. The pizza turns out perfect. :)

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. + 2 -4 T water
2 T. olive oil

Mix the ingredients. Knead together until smooth. Roll out into a circle big enough to fit your pan or stone. Sprinkle the stone/pan lightly with cornmeal. Place the circle of dough on the stone/pan. Top with sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice. Bake at 425°F for 15-20 min. Simple as that! You can use whatever toppings you like. We like red peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, pineapple...

1 comment: