
I am a coconut fanatic! I LOVE anything with coconut, whether it be savory or sweet. This is one of my family's absolute favorite soup recipes! It can be made in the Crock-pot or on the stove and turns out SO yummy. I love all the different flavors - lemon, cilantro, garlic, coconut...mmm!
Coconut Chicken Thai Soup
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into pieces
4 c chicken broth
2 c carrots, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp lemon zest
1 15-oz can coconut milk
1 red sweet pepper, chopped
1 c mushrooms sliced (you can use canned straw mushrooms instead)
1/4 c cilantro, chopped
In a 3.5-5 quart Crock pot combine the chicken, broth, carrots, onion, ginger, garlic, and lemon zest. Cover. Cook on low for 6-7 hrs or on high for 3-3.5 hrs.
Stir in the coconut milk, sweet pepper, mushrooms, and cilantro. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment